Cheek Dimple Creation: Cheek dimples have traditionally been considered attractive and desirable. In many Asian cultures, they are also considered associated with luck and well being. Dimples may be one sided or involving both cheeks. Natural dimples are due to fibrous attachments of the dermis of the cheek skin to the underlying cheek muscles of facial movement. When smiling occurs, the upward pull of these muscles causes a dimple in the cheek to occur. The usual position of a dimple is in a line traced down from the outer corner of the eye and situated at the level of just above the corner of the mouth.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
How is Cheek dimple creation surgery performed?
To create a dimple, Dr Drielsma uses a minimally invasive technique whereby a suture (stitch) is placed in the cheek creating an attachment of the cheek skin dermis to the underlying cheek muscles. This involves a “punch excision” technique of removing a small disk of muscle underlying the site of the intended dimple to allow stronger attachment of skin to the muscle. You will be able to choose where you would like the dimple to be placed before the procedure. The operation can be done local anaesthetic in Dr Drielsma’s rooms (or under a general anaesthetic in hospital if desired). No external cut is made or scar results as the operation is done from inside the mouth. Minimal swelling or bruising results.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
What Should I Bring to my Consultations?
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
- Call on 1800 180 777 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with Dr Drielsma by paying the $100 deposit for consultation fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and consider your choices
- Also take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothing
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request further information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary patient Advisor Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us